Thursday, January 19, 2012

Overload

This Christmas season was hard this year... we missed our family and friends and our traditional celebrations with them.  Roswell is hard, and I really can't say that I enjoy it in the least...but I have to make do.  (Did I mention we had 6-8 inches of snow??!! Unheard of in Roswell, NM)
Christmas morning brought a more subdued feeling only because to us (not Dylan) it was another day stuck in a place that we really dislike.  Dylan had a great time, Santa brought him ONE gift... a new geo trax train from Cars 2.  He had been talking about it for months, and wrote a letter to Santa asking for that one gift.  He was too excited!  We loved opening the other presents that were sent from family back home!!  Thank you!  I ended up taking more video than pictures, so I don't have much to share.  This is Dylan's train all set up including the new Cars 2 track. 
Eddie was excited and got a smoker!  Since our weekends are pretty much open, he wanted to have a hobby, and smoking meat sounded like a good one.  It takes hours just to smoke ribs, but the end result is mouthwatering!! We had those on Christmas and they were the best ribs I have ever had!

Between Christmas and New Year's we ended up taking Dylan bowling... his favorite! 



New Year's was almost non exsistant!  It is Eddie's favorite holiday because no one cares if you show up to events, and really no one notices.  We tried to stay in, go to bed early, and just relax with our little family, but his coworker's wanted us to show at their home.  It ended up being fun, and relaxing, and Dylan was able to do his fireworks and play games with them.  Thank you Jen and Ryan! 

Katelyn and Chris

Jen with Adriana

Getting some fireworks ready with Ryan

What is a New Year's in Roswell without Alien beer and fireworks!


It was actually really cold, and only did a few fireworks before going inside

Getting ready for the toast!

Literally 2 minutes before midnight, he sat down and was OUT! Banging pots and pans will be next year!!

Champange Adriana?


No comments: