Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Seattle Trip.. MLS CHAMPS!!

Eddie, Cindy, Eduardo and I drove to Seattle to see the MLS final between Real Salt Lake and the LA Galaxy! We must be crazy fans... we drove all day on Saturday after I got off of a night shift and drove back on Monday. We spent some time in Seattle and witnessed some awesome history with RSL winning the MLS Championship!! That day was a highlight of 2009!! We drove into Seattle very early and walked around Pike's Place and other areas of Seattle. Before we met up with other RSL fans, I painted every one's face in hopes it being a good luck charm! We saw RSL fans everywhere... Salt Lake had taken over Seattle if only for a few hours. The RSL club had designated a local bar to be the headquarters for the fans that had diligently travelled up to Seattle for the big game... of course we had to check it out! It was packed with people those that we see every soccer game, and those we have never seen but shared a common bond. A tradition in Seattle is that before every soccer game they march to the stadium from the bars singing and cheering for their team... it was the most incredible feeling to be a part of something that big ... cheesy I know, but the feeling was unexplainable! We had an incredible time... enough of my rambling, but below are some pictures of the big day!!



I included some photos.. the drive up (seeing the RSL fan bus), the bar with RSL fans, the march, the bottom photo is two guys that have season tickets by us in Rio Tinto Stadium and the RSL championship trophy!!! Those that are sports fans would understand my excitement!

No comments: