Sunday, June 10, 2012

3rd Annual Rib Cook Off

The thermometer read 106 and the high predicted 104 for Roswell, so what did we do?  We went to a Rib Cook off that was a family tradition!  It was SUPER yummy, hot... or at least manageable in the shade, and ended up being a good time.  I didn't get the pictures I wanted, especially of the smoker that was built by Casey... that thing was insane!!  It had a HUGE Smoker on one side of a trailer, a sink, IPOD docking station with speakers (actually ON the trailer) and a Grill.  I was too embarrassed to get a photo, but I did get a couple others! 

Dylan practicing his aim!

He actually hit the target and the kid fell in that water!

Eddie... HATING the heat!


Fruge... eating the tri-tip.. OH So good!!

Katelynn and Parker

The little ones BEFORE they went crazy tired!

Cute Amy and her hubby Casey and daughter Delaney!  Thanks for the great time!

The crowd that gathered to hear the final judging!
The weather was not as bad as originally thought, only because there was a good breeze, and we were in the shade most the time.  However, as we were leaving, the clouds that formed over Ruidoso from the fire was a whole-nother site!  Thank you Visser Vander Dussen's!!

1 comment:

Grandma Julie said...

I've bookmarked your site Heidi... can't wait to read more about you, Eddie and your children's adventures. xo