Lately I think Adriana is seeing how much she can test my patience! I feel horrible, but can see how parents could shake their children. I think I am a terrible parent. She needs to be held, walked around, rocked to sleep, wakes up multiple times at night still... She is just very needy. If I set her down, just to get in the shower, she screams bloody murder the entire time. Since I am not working... it can be very trying to say the least. What do I do? What is wrong with her? She is teething, I know because I have seen her teeth for the last two months but they haven't popped yet. YUCK. However, even though she is a baby that tests my patience, I look at her and love her to pieces.
She is now 8 1/2 months, almost crawling! She gets up on her knees then sits back down or falls flat on her tummy. My little ones are adorable, but I think I need some time to myself... is that normal?
School Starts.
11 years ago
6 comments:
Haha I have felt like that too sometimes and I only have 1!! Of course you need time for yourself! You are a woman too, not just a mom! I wish I was closer so I could watch the kids so you could have a break :( Love you and hang in there!
I wish we could help each other out!! I am sure her neediness is just due to teething and she'll be more tolerant soon. At least I hope that's what it is for your sake! :-)
Good thing she is so darn cute!
Heidi, I have felt the same way. there is nothing wrong with you or her. be good to yourself. you are a great mama and have great kids. you just need a break:) it won't be too much longer until you get one!!! Hang in there.
-Amanda
She is a cute little bug. I just want to squeeze her.
Oh girl! I went through this same thing with Charlotte at around the same age. It was KILLING ME! Any time I would even leave the room, she would seriously cry like she was dying! This is totally normal!!! She is a girl, and girls are super needy and high matienance. Charlotte still is and she is almost 2! She will grow out of it, trust me, but I do feel your pain. It can be so frustrating! It sounds to me like you need some alone time, just for you. Being home all day with kids can get very hard sometimes.... maybe when Eddie gets home from work, go on a walk ALONE or something.... you need you time and in order for your kids to get the nest from you, you deserve the best of yourself!
Post a Comment