This month has been a crazy one. To start with a funeral in Salt Lake City, and end with a vacation to Salt Lake City! ... Birthdays, Halloween, and just doing absolutely nothing here in Roswell. Eddie turned 31 on September 30th, and instead of celebrating with a nice steak dinner we drove the 12 plus hours home to be with family. It was a somber but great reunion. No one had met Adriana, and to see the happiness she brought to everyone based on the circumstances was truly remarkable. (Not to mention Dylan was so excited to play with Ethan…he had missed him SO much!) The entire Dow family was together for the first time in a LONG time... in fact I don't know if everyone has been together since I have been with Eddie, including our wedding.
I was grateful to head home for the first time since I left in July and boy have I missed it. I was able to stop by AVH to say hello to some good friends, and to also have my c-section wound checked out. Now two months after my surgery and my incision is finally almost closed. (Roswell doctors... have NO idea what they are doing!!) Thanks to my old OB for being there for a delivery to check me out and fix what my doctor here couldn't do! We mostly hung out as family and mourned together, but I was able to also see my grandma who just had surgery a few months ago. It was nice... and I get to do it again... in THREE DAYS!! I can't wait!
Here are some photos ... because THAT is the most important part of a blog update!

Dylan's Birthday cake (celebrated after we got back from SLC)

One perk with having a bigger place... building the HUGE train track!
Adriana sitting up... sorta!
The first reunion...midnight Sept 30th.

Ethan and Dylan playing
Four generations Hughes women.
Our first family picture ... Thank Bisa.
Dylan... camping pee pee... HAD to put it up!

Edward's Halloween costume. Goonies!
Brite eyed.. loving the swing!
/>
2 comments:
I'm sorry to hear about the funeral but glad you got to get back to Utah for a few days and I'm SO jealous you're heading back there. Enjoy! And your little girl is adorable!!
Sad that you had to come to Utah for a funeral, but I am SO glad that I got to see you! Adrianna is beautiful and I loved getting to see her. Dylan's camping pee pee is hilarious!
Post a Comment